• Subscribe
  • First serious product launch, and here's what I did...

Heyalbert
    4 replies
    ✨ Sharing the journey of an indie maker launching a product: Finally, tomorrow is my launch day! SUPER NERVOURS…🥶 I've been preparing for this product for 3 months, working almost 16 hours a day. Almost lost my girlfriend over it😅 LiFE RPG, a productivity system to make your life more fun while being productive and motivated. Chapter 1: Idea 💡 The idea for this product came to me one sleepless night, with a thought: 💭 : "We often do things we don't like. So, why not make them fun?" I delved into all the information about gamifying work and life, and stumbled upon a book called "Actionable Gamification." Chapter 2: Product 📦 I spent 1.5 months developing the product and opened up a Beta version. Luckily, I received applications from 70 people willing to become beta testers. From them, I selected 20 professionals and 10 amateur. I received valuable feedback and spent another 0.5 months refining the product. Chapter 3: Marketing 📢 I spent a month preparing 2 video and landing page for the product and released it on YouTube. Through this video, I gathered 600+ waitlist sign-ups and 40+ pre-orders. Not sure if this counts as a successful marketing strategy. I'm curious how you guys promote your products? This is my first time launching a product on PH. No professional background and haven't purchased any "PH Launch checklist." All my plans were executed based on intuition. I'm not sure if there are any flaws in the process or if I've done anything wrong. I'd love to hear about your experiences and preparations for launching your own products.

Replies

Chris
    Great work on putting a lot of effort on this, I'm sure it'll pay off! I was really impressed with your YouTube video showing how your game works and explaining the science behind it. And the high quality production and animations were really impressive! It's really good that you've collected a waitlist and pre-orders, make sure these people know about your launch and support you as soon as you do. My first time launching was very poorly executed and we did not do any proper marketing beforehand and mostly wanted to validate and receive feedback through the product hunt launch. I think you've prepared really well for your launch. Good luck man!
    Heyalbert
    @chrisakoury Owhh thanks lot for you support and trust man👊 So glad you enjoyed the Youtube video! I'll make sure to keep the waitlist and pre-order subscribers updated🤍 yeahh actually my first launch was just last month, and I saw it more as a rehearsal because I had recently joined Product Hunt and was still learning how to properly launch a product.🐣
    Chris
    I'm also curious to know why did you decide to launch on a Saturday?