• Subscribe
  • Does the day of launch matter?

Arvind Murali
    10 replies
    I'm launching in 2 weeks on a Saturday assuming most people will have time to check out PH over the weekend. Is this a good idea or not?

Replies

Dima Tryhubenko
    Tingl Anti-Messenger
    Tingl Anti-Messenger
    Tuesdays through Thursdays usually have the most launches and thus the most competition. BUT the Product Hunt community is also the most active on these days. So it comes down to what your goal is (does it lean towards placing better in the daily launches rating or towards getting more views/feedback?) and how competitive your product is. In terms of competition, you could look at upcoming launches, then visit the upcoming products' websites and social media pages to see whether they have announced their launch date - this way you can (at least partially) know what products are getting launch on the day you're planning to launch on.
    Alex AI
    Oh, yes, absolutely! I don't recommend launching on weekends. Especially during the summer. People are on vacation on the weekends and not working. There are immediately fewer visitors to the site. It's summer. An extra bonus is to not be online during the weekend. That means far fewer people visiting the site, which means much fewer votes and less traffic to your site. You lose potential benefits because you won't be able to launch again for six months, and you've done it on a low-traffic day. On the other hand, this reduced traffic means that with fewer votes, you can rank higher. Of course, if you've decided to launch, go ahead, but I would choose another day if I were you.
    Arvind Murali
    Great tips! Thank you. I think I have the flexibility to move the date, so I'll move it to a weekday. It's my first launch and I'm obviously new to the community and the process. Discovering so many interesting projects here! 😁. Thank you so much for your input. Also, if you learn anything online, do Queso! Very open to feedback and input on the product as well! 😁
    Annie Engelhardth
    Weekends can be good for visibility. People are more likely to be scrolling through Product Hunt on their days off. But a great product can shine any day of the week.
    Arvind Murali
    @annie_engelhardth that was my thinking! I'm building for the productivity community. Was thinking ppl do more of their non-work reading during the weekend. That said, agree with all of you around the quality of the product.
    Arvind Murali
    Hope to count on all your support for the launch of Queso - https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
    Uttam Kumar B
    Launching on a day when you can stay engaged with your audience throughout the day is crucial. Choose a day when you’re available to interact and respond
    Karan Mandal
    Plan Ahead: Regardless of the day, what matters most is planning your launch well. A great product and strategy can make any day successful if you execute it well
    Soni Kumari
    If you’ve launched before, look at what days worked best for you. Learning from past experiences can help in deciding the best day for your next launch.