• Subscribe
  • Do your "Kitty Points" decrease if you're less active?

Daniel Zaitzow
    33 replies
    Noticed that there was some flux of points (maybe it was just in my head) and I wanted to know if other people experience points being taken away for decreased activity?

Replies

Artyom Sviridov
    Hmm. Never noticed anything like that.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @sviridov I might try to take a few days off while just upvoting just to see if I dip below 1k
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @sviridov strange - it seems like a bit of a mixed bag! is there a chance it is something you've just never paid attention to?
    Artyom Sviridov
    @dzaitzow Might be. Can't guarantee 100%.
    Sandy
    i don't wanna find out if they do. this platform is gradually becoming a gamified version of everything LinkedIn tried -- but failed -- to become
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @sandymakesplans 100% I am unfortunately hooked - It seems from some of the thread anecdotal data that they do decrease seemingly slowly?
    Sandy
    @dzaitzow that's news to me. i hope my coins don't go away. i care more about badges and my streak, though.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @sandymakesplans I think the streak is what gets me up in the morning at this point haha
    Sandy
    @dzaitzow seriously! ph is addictive for people like us who make
    Darcy Andrews
    I have no idea on it
    Tanjir Rahman
    I have recently lost my 50 days streak :( You have 1000+ Points, How many you had before you are less active ? I think it could be happen!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @tanjirrahman Hard to recall - I think I was in the high 900s and it dropped down to the lower 900s which I thought was noteworthy.
    Sidra Arif
    Dialog AI
    Dialog AI
    Launching soon!
    No, I don't believe that's the case, or may be I have not paid enough attention to the kitty points.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @sidraarifali Seems like people are having different experiences but the majority I have heard back do notice a little decline. But maybe it is for specific accounts / specific things that add to the point system - the algorithm is a bit of a mystery!
    Drew_Quinn
    yes, you will losing some gradually if you do not active on the platform. I notice it slightly change when i upvote only and not participated on the community
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @cloodoworkspace yea I took a few days off of engaging and there was (what I thought) was a bit of a decline! Good to know I am not losing my mind!
    Neha
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    Not sure about kitty points, but my discussion upvotes are reduced many times, don't know about this algorithm.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @neha_8 Really?! Maybe they are removing all the historical bot activity somehow?
    Neha
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    @dzaitzow Yes may be.
    Relja Denic
    Skylead
    Skylead
    Launching soon!
    Yeah, there are rules on how you get them and loss them. But honestly, it's not that important.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @relja_denic yea the points feel negligible
    Judith Amarachi 💙
    I have not noticed that yet. What I've noticed is a reduction in the number of streaks.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @judith_amarachi_ a reduction in the number of daily active users with streaks or badges awarded?
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @judith_amarachi_ Now that I think about it - I might have too. Don't typically pay too much attention and maybe over time they tend to taper off as users become more adept with the platform.
    Judith Amarachi 💙
    @dzaitzow Reduction in the number of streaks on the profile.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Might be worth collecting a bit of binary data!
    1 Answer
    Michele Ramos
    No, Kitty Points don't decrease if you're less active. Your level of activity doesn't affect your Kitty Points. They remain constant regardless of how active or inactive you are. So, no need to worry about losing points due to inactivity.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @michele_ramos1 How do you know for sure?!