• Subscribe
  • Do you use Google Search less now that you have ChatGPT?

Hiya Chaplot
    19 replies
    Hey there! I've been using ChatGPT for a while now, and I gotta say, I find myself using it more and more to look up stuff and get some quick facts. But, when it comes to real-time data, I still rely on Google. Have you noticed anything like this? Do you use ChatGPT more often now or are you still sticking with Google?

Replies

Yannick Burky
    I hardly ever use it anymore. I took the opportunity to do a quick analysis of the competitors, and I use one of the 3 other tools that use wizards and quote their sources: The new Bing, You.com and Neeva.com (where I've switched to premium)
    Hiya Chaplot
    @yannick_burky Hey thanks for your input. This is the principle on which our product is built. Search + chat interface for personalised results!
    Hiya Chaplot
    @yannick_burky I have heard good things about Neeva. What was your experience?
    Yannick Burky
    @hiya_chaplot1 It has become my default search engine. I get the same results as google in a slightly different order. They (try) to integrate personal results which I'm looking forward to. I recommend it (you can test it for a few days) :)
    Everest Ng
    I still look at google for things that I do not have sufficient knowledge to determine right / wrong. Because using chatGPT requires me to fact-check via google anyway...
    Everest Ng
    @hiya_chaplot1 Yep, ChatGPT gives a basic outline or general ideas when brainstorming ideas. But I never use google to brainstorm maybe that's why my usage on google don't get chipped away by ChatGPT
    Hiya Chaplot
    @everest_ng That's is true. But for brain storming and ideas, I lean towards ChatGPT more.
    Hiya Chaplot
    @everest_ng that makes a lot of sense!
    K John
    I still use Google.
    Brianna Swartz
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    No. It has not changed my behavior related to finding out information or doing research at all.
    Hiya Chaplot
    @brianna_swartz what about when you need some ideas/ want to brainstorm?
    Daniel Amir
    I definitely do use Google less
    Hiya Chaplot
    @daniel_amir I know right!
    Akshansh Jaiswal
    Google search is still relevant for me in sense chatgpt has no internet connectivity so far latest and new info search i use Google for subjective and detailed knowledge chatgpt is a go to place.
    Hiya Chaplot
    @akshanshjaiswal What else do you use ChatGPT for? Do you also use it for ideas and brain storming? Like date ideas/cooking ideas etc?
    Shachar Keidar
    Second Nature’s free AI simulation
    Definitely. I feel it can answer specific questions when on Google I'll still need to search myself
    Hiya Chaplot
    @shachar_keidar so true. Sometimes it just simplifies the complete process.
    Synim
    Personally using Google ChatGPT Plugin from Sogody, best of both worlds... Google brings more factual accuracy/less hallucinations, while ChatGPT has immaculate relevancy.
    Pankaj
    I still use Google, just not as frequently as before. It's hard to stop using Google entirely, especially when searching for books or products to buy. I don't think ChatGPT can help with those stuff.