• Subscribe
  • Do you promote your product via influencers?

Natalia Toth
    16 replies
    (Micro-)influencer marketing is said to be one of the best performing marketing channels, with ROAS as high as $6.5 per each $1 spent. Do you collaborate with influencers to get visibility and new users? Has it worked well for you?

Replies

Serge Tim
    We tried it at Pathway, but it works pretty randomly. So, can't say right now that it's a scalable and stable acquisition channel. But one thing I learned: always offer 70% less than the initial amount they want 😄
    Ardak Y
    @natalia_toth @s5f5f5f Thanks for sharing your experience, we've been thinking to do the same. Will def try it out!
    Ardak Y
    @s5f5f5f That's a good insight! Will try it out :) Did you reach out to them directly or used UGC platforms?
    Serge Tim
    @natalia_toth @ardak_ reached out to them directly. We found a popular list of people in design and research on X, picked the relevant ones, and DMed them on X or LinkedIn. We got around 20 publications on the launch day. Most of them were in exchange for a product subscription, and we had 3-4 paid publications. some even agreed to do it for free!
    Natalia Toth
    @s5f5f5f thanks for the tip! curious about how you found these influencers, too :)
    Natalia Toth
    @ardak_ @s5f5f5f that's a really good piece of advice, many thanks!
    Paul-Louis Valat
    I tried one form of it, which was newsletter sponsoring. To promote a new freemium B2B marketing tool, I invested over $8,000 in advertising through 24 different newsletter creators. We were able to generate 162 new direct users, or about $52 per user. I wrote my learnings from this test here: https://medium.com/@paul-louis.v...
    Natalia Toth
    @paul @paullouis_valat1 a newsletter has worked well for us too! Thanks for sharing your article, I loved it!
    Jurijs Ivolga
    Great question, I'm actively looking into that now, but first I need to deliver a product...
    Ryan Chen
    It really depends on whether the influencer’s audience aligns with your product and platform. For example, TikTok influencers can sometimes charge high rates, and while their videos might get 100k views, the ROI may not always justify the cost. Personally, I’d focus on building visibility through our own social media channels and communities like Reddit, LinkedIn, and Instagram, where we can engage more directly and measure our impact.
    Natalia Toth
    @hswpro absolutely, high view numbers don't necessarily mean that these viewers will convert and that the collab justifies itself
    Ardak Y
    Worked with them in the past, ROI was pretty low. But that was affiliated promo. Will be doing a paid promo soon, hope that goes better
    Natalia Toth
    @ardak_ some colleagues of mine are also struggling with their new affiliate program. Fingers crossed for you!
    YanXu
    Want to try it, but don't know how the exact rules work
    Hamna Malik
    Depends on the type of the product and whether there is an influencer market for it or not.
    Natalia Toth
    @hamna_malik definitely! I can imagine that in some niches, influencer marketing is not applicable. e.g. B2B Enterprise?