• Subscribe
  • Do compliments from your superiors affect your work energy?

Jaka Koprivec
    21 replies

Replies

Dave Malicke
    Yes, of course. but over a period of time if those compliments don't come with increased wages, then the compliments begin to have a negative impact on work energy.
    @dave_malicke Agreed. Nice words only come so far, If you help the company grow it is expected that it helps you grow (financially) too.
    Manab Boruah
    Definitely!
    @manab_boruah Thank you for sharing :) Good luck wiht your launch 🚀
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    Of course! It motivates me for sure.
    @zekiye_nur_kesici Thank you for sharing :) I hope some compliments come your way after your launch :)
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @jaka_koprivec Affecting in bad way..no. Cuz my superiors have the tendency of changing the task once I do good work 😅
    @indu_thangamuthu Aaaa I see, that would irritate me too!
    Shantanu Bhosale
    For me sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.
    @shantanu96 Does this have anything to do with the supervisor that gives the compliment?
    Shantanu Bhosale
    @jaka_koprivec Not really. It mostly has to do with how much self motivated I am. If i think the task could have been done more effectively then a compliment from senior would have little effect on me.
    Suyash Chaudhari
    Compliments from ANY colleague definitely motivate me.
    @suyash_chaudhari That is nice to hear. It is the same for me. Sometimes if a designer compliments my work I feel even better than if the CEO does it :D
    Suyash Chaudhari
    @jaka_koprivec I know right. I've also found it useful to use this fact to help those who aren't that confident - for example, I try to compliment a new team member on simple tasks as well so that they are more comfortable in the group.
    Uma Venugopal
    I actually really love getting that from my users. That's a whole different feeling no investor can give me :)
    @uma_venugopal positive user feedback is definitely the thing that gives an additional confidence boost :D
    Felix
    The Simple Finance Tracker
    The Simple Finance Tracker
    100% Jaka! Whenever I get positive feedback about the work I've done, it gives me a rush of motivation and additional energy! It really gives me purpose to keep pushing harder and get things done quicker!
    @felix_digistash It's really interesting how big an impact this has! I 100% agree.