• Subscribe
  • Best books to read as a Saas founder?

Maurizio Isendoorn
    27 replies
    Hey everyone! As someone who likes to read, I always buy some books about something I'm working on. But now that I'm developing Saas, I can find almost no good books about Saas specifically. I've read The Saas Playbook and The Mom Test (those were great), but there wasn't much more I could find. Does anyone know some great books?

Replies

Elena Tairova
    I think, as a practical guide, the best read I came across is "Crossing the Chasm" by Geoffrey A. Moore. Though published 10 years ago, it's still very much relevant. Also, on the product side - "Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products" a somewhat controversial approach, but definitely a good read
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @eltairovy Thanks for your advice, I'll check both of them out! You know its a great book when it's old but is still relevant today.
    Abdullah Al Afique
    The last book about SaaS I read was The SaaS Playbook. You should give it a shot, as it can be a very strategic read about building your SaaS. Good luck!
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @af1que1 Thanks for your reply! Yes that's the only one of two books I've read on Saas. It's a great book indeed. Really goes into detail about everything you need (and don't need)
    Abdullah Al Afique
    @maurizioisendoorn What was the other one?
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @af1que1 The Mom Test. About how to conduct customer interviews and how to get useful feedback out of clients, instead of getting feedback like "Good product".
    Bob WIlsey
    100$ startup
    Carter Parks
    The Mom Test taught me a lot about how to conduct customer interviews
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @carterparks Oh yes The Mom test! Do you do customer interviews in person btw?
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @carterparks Ah I understand. So do you use online meetings now?
    Kristian Larsen
    Predictable Revenue' is a must-read for SaaS founders. It's packed with actionable insights on building scalable sales pipelines and ensuring predictable revenue streams. Implementing its proven strategies can greatly accelerate growth and streamline the complexities of scaling your SaaS business. :)
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @kristian_larsen That book sounds incredible, thanks for you recommendation! It's the one written by Aaron Ross right?
    Kristian Larsen
    @maurizioisendoorn Exactly - it's very good, applies to other industries as well I used the methodology for my digital marketing agency as well :)
    Kabir
    Last one was: Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth by Gabriel Weinberg, founder of DuckDuckGo web browser. I found a ton of actionable ideas from this book.
    Jake Tital
    The challenger sale
    Sadath N
    Hooked by Nir Eyal
    Daniel Tanque
    Technical books you have O'reilly books.... But in terms of business Saas or mobile the logic underlying is much the same, it's business foundations. For that I suggest "Inspired" by Marty Cagan; "Good Profit" by Charles Koch; "Hooked" by Nir Eyal; Those 3 help you in Product Development, HR, Design, the 3 main points to build the foundations of a Startup/Company. You need to validate product/service fast, build partnerships, get users, get customers, build community, build a team, manage properly that team, give some autonomy, motivate them, and have good design, intuitive usability of the solution you're making.
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @daniel_tanque Wow thanks for for valuable advice. I'll create a list as a comment with all the books people recommended.
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    Here are everyone's recommendations, based on how many times they were mentioned: - Hooked by Nir Eyal (recommended the most) - The Saas Playbook by Rob Walling - The Mom Test by Rob Fitzpatrick - Inspired by Marty Cagan - Good Profit by Charles Koch - The Challenger Sale by Brent Adamson - Traction by Gabriel Weinberg - Predictable Revenue - Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore
    Gurkaran Singh
    Hey there! As a fellow tech enthusiast, exploring new horizons in Saas, it's refreshing to see your quest for knowledge. Have you checked out "Crossing the Chasm" or "Invisible Selling Machine"? They might offer some valuable insights to complement your journey. Happy reading and coding!