• Subscribe
  • Are you using AI as personal or business assistant?

Sumit Datta
    5 replies
    Hey everyone, Sumit here from the Himalayas. I am a software engineering leader and I have been on a career break for a year. I am just coming back to building products and I was looking at the AI landscape. One thing that is clear to me is that AI like ChatGPT is really good at understanding human language and conversations. Not always correct but that is the same as talking to any other human. We have our biases and sometimes even wrong ideas or notions. Current state of AI basically boils down to generating a set of words that seem best match for a given context. Anyway, it is pretty clear to me that daily assistance is something it can do. Questions that I would ask on the Internet like how to grow followers on Instagram or how to tackle my credit card spending or even about puppy care - I can now ask an AI and have a conversation that looks and feels like chatting with friends. Assuming the correctness improves gradually or that AI clearly says it does not know, I think having such an assistant always available is a very good interface to computers. The way I see is that current AI is like Siri or Hey Google, but much better quality of language interpretation and knowledge gathering. Humans do not click buttons on each others' forehead so getting rid of that from computers seems like the natural path to future of UX. Human languages are where we feel at home and if we can use that as the interface with computers, I think this would make our lives better. Curious to know if anyone is using AI as assistants once in a while.

Replies

Anastasia Klyykina
    Just personal so far, found it very convenient to have an AI assistant that goes through all the apps that I use to search for exact info that I need, because honestly I sometimes forget some e-mails the moment I send them! :D
    Sumit Datta
    @anastasia_klyykina Thanks for sharing. I am curious which AI assistant goes through all your apps?
    Sadath N
    Yes, Im currently using gpt 4 as my personal assistant. It is very useful and reducing timing for research
    Sumit Datta
    @sadath_n Thanks for sharing. Do you collect the results somewhere? Also, how does the GPT 4 cost look like to you?
    Shawn Olds
    @sumit_datta I use it daily for both work and personal. On the personal side it has helped me plan family vacations and each night helps me find the best way to explain how to solve a math problem so that my 10-year-old daughter will understand (note how to solve, not the actual answer). Instead of sharing the multiple ways I use it in business, as I tend to be more of a super user, the below are the 12 top ways we see organizations that are new to GenAI using GenAI as they explore the opportunities. Once they get comfortable we see much more beyond this, but this seems to be the way people introduce themselves to GenAI -Ideation -Summation -Revision -Translation -Sentiment -Research -Recommendation -Evaluation -Problem Solving -Learning Assistance -Q&A / Roleplaying -Content Generation