• Subscribe
  • Are you tired of AI-type products?

Jerry Zhang
    16 replies
    I have been active on PH recently and have seen too many AI-type products. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that I’ve seen too many and to be honest, I’m a little tired of them. What about you? How does it feel?

Replies

Jennifer Williams
    using AI tools seems interesting to me
    Lukas Rüger
    Tired is an understatement - if I'm honest I gotta say I'm dead asleep already. I have the same take as you: There are some nice ones out there, but as a PH user (or generally speaking a consumer with more or less knowledge about AI & the tech space) it's too many to give all of them a chance. I feel bad for people with a really good idea that doesn't need more "AI" than just being a GPT wrapper. I am sure that there are products like this out there, but you would need to go through so much crap to find them.
    Lukas Rüger
    Below each AI-product I see, I ask the same question: Which AI models do you use in your backend? There are two types of response: 1) 10-20% of the time: "We are using OpenAI at the moment but also have our architecture very modular so we can change to other/better/open-source models in the future" -> I like these answers and they are an indicator for makers that leverage AI because they want the feature - not the buzz word. I give these products a chance 2) 70-80% "We are using several AI models" or some other secret terms for "we don't know sh*t about AI but we use it" -> I don't give these a chance because they are often just attention-grabbers
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @lrueger I agree with your viewpoint: for AI products, it's not just about using AI, but more crucially, how and why they utilize AI.
    Konstantin Kovshenin
    If you add "AI" to your product name you're guaranteed 240 upvotes. No?
    Hiep Nguyen
    I don't think the proliferation of too many AI-type products is a nuisance. AI has truly exploded in recent years, so it's hard to avoid catching the trend from companies. However, I also find it a bit challenging to identify a truly useful AI product.
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @hiep_nq I just think it is necessary to give non-artificial intelligence products more opportunities to display. Most of the products I see in the selection now are AI products. Of course they have very excellent parts. If necessary, I wonder if I should arrange one. separate category
    Oxana
    I'm dissapointed when see lot's of comments and posts in comunity generated with AI, so do not feel real engagement and connecting with people :(
    Trang Pham
    @oxana_ivanova may I ask if there is any way that the GenAI post could catch your attention? We are planning to launch an AI extension, so I would love to know your view.
    Tran Tien Quyet
    Nowadays, AI is replacing many jobs. At least AI will definitely develop within the next 5 years. I think we should live with it. For a develop world!