• Subscribe
  • Are productivity tools actually making our lives easier or just adding more to our already busy sche

Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
    5 replies
    Share your thoughts on whether productivity tools are worth the time and effort!

Replies

anna_ch_anna
    I'm definitely getting help from the productivity tool. I agree with your comment below. I think it's more efficient to use one or two tools that fit the characteristics of the job rather than using multiple tools at the same time. Also, I personally prefer simple tools that are easy to onboarding.
    Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
    When it comes to productivity tools, it really depends on the tool itself and how it's integrated into your workflow. Some tools, like Asana, can have a high learning curve and require significant effort to set up and use effectively, which can make it feel like an additional chore. However, tools like AirCal (We are open bulding it) offer a sleek and intuitive interface with smart-powered features that can make time management feel easy and enjoyable. With AI integration it makes the whole thing so much easier and quicker
    Deniz Sutaş
    @catalina_sabogal_ortiz I always appreciate smart/AI backed tools but sometimes simple works too. Like, I have a limit on the amount of complex software I can integrate within my workflow. Even just switching between tools feels like a mission sometimes.
    Manab Boruah
    It definitely helps me keep track of the tasks. Sometimes you note down silly things on your note-taking app, and you are not able to act on it. But when you get back to it a few days later, it is helpful to pick things up again.
    Deniz Sutaş
    They are convenient and yes I can say they make our lives easier. At the same time I can't stop thinking about the managerial workload of updating those productivity tools. I guess until I have a dedicated scrum master to manage all our progress virtually, I might as well do whatever helps me stay on top of my work. For example, having late onset ADD, in my mid 20s I am appreciating the unbelievable flexibility and physicality of taking actual pen and paper notes more than ever. Using an exponentially increasing number of SaaS tools is exhausting for me, and that is what most of us PHers do every day.