• Subscribe
  • Are employees that work from home are more productive?

Stepan Cherkasov
    11 replies
    In recent month many companies have removed the ability of being fully remote. Is this more linked with productivity of staff.

Replies

Valorie Jones
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    I think working from home is more effective for experienced employees who can avoid commutes and work distractions. It is more challenging for newer employees since mentorship can play a huge role in building skills and connections within the company. In a remote environment, it is critical that we find other ways to communicate, both with real-time messaging in Teams, Slack etc, and more formal opportunities for mentorship, AMA sessions, and one-on-one chats.
    @val_jones Mentorship is an important point that if frequently overlooked
    I agree that being able to work from home can be highly effective and productive. For many remote workers finding the right work/life balance can be difficult, yet with the right resources and support, this can be achieved.
    @realvladgolub Definitly and an example of this is switching off from work, as 43% of remote workers only took 10 to 15 days of vacation per year vs the 25 or more allocated.
    Artur Romanov
    I have worked both remotely and in the office for a while, and formed a belief that the managerial style, team composition and company values play a big role in how productive you are going to be. In an environment where you are surrounded by clever and competent people it doesn’t matter if you are in the office or at home, you will do the job. However, instead of spending 2 hours of your life in the tube, you spend it going to the gym, walking in the park, reading a book or whatever else you like when working remotely. It genuinely makes you a happier person and as a result more productive at the end of the day.
    @arthur_romanov Couldn't agree more. The physcial and emotional exurtion of morning and evening commute, has a significant effect not only on your work but also your mental health.
    Zorin Vlad
    Companies should explore a hybrid model of both remote and in-office working, that way they can maintain productivity while creating a more flexible and comfortable working environment.
    @zorinvlad hybrid is a good compromise. Especially for those that payed for office space or a simply not yet ready to take the plunge
    In some cases, employees working from home can be more productive due to fewer distractions and a comfortable environment. However, it depends on the individual and the nature of the job.
    @vladislav_pavlenko yep, it largely depends on the individual. Those who tend to procrastinate do need to self discipline.
    Wavezz
    Depends on the employee. I have seen remote employees who were the highest performing on the team, and remote employees who were completely MIA. I think it's important to set benchmarks, goals, and metrics so you can objectively track performance