• Subscribe
  • Animation vs Video for Product Marketing?

Brian Nutt
    7 replies
    Is it easier to use animations for product marketing or to try and create or purchase stock videos for product promotions?

Replies

Elena Cirera
    I think videos are better than animations. Videos look organic and practical; videos also increase the customers' trust.
    Daniel Engels
    @elena_cirera I agree. Videos might be more costly to produce, but are also more engaging.
    Brian Nutt
    @elena_cirera @daniel_engels Video is clearly the way people want to consume information today but as Daniel points out, it can be costly. We are building a video automation platform and I'm considering animated objects to include in addition to libraries of video and the ability to upload custom or user generated video.
    Eric Gilmore
    @elena_cirera @daniel_engels @brian_nutt this can be effective if done well, but template-y if not. i'd experiment with object-tracking and 3d rotation to integrate any animated elements. i believe it'll make a big difference to leverage the z-index to improve visual integration. something kinda like this: https://youtu.be/m5_QznjzAlk?t=453
    Brian Nutt
    @elena_cirera @daniel_engels @creativautomatc You are correct! In fact, one of the core tenets of our new product Adificial.io is to skip "Templates" and match layouts to a brand profile and assets to the message through AI and ML. We are wrestling with the level of control we lose by moving all video editing to the web so it should be interesting to see how we handle that piece going forward.
    Eric Gilmore
    @elena_cirera @daniel_engels @brian_nutt when I first started creative automatic, everything was automated. the user had no control in exchange for lightning-fast creation. this was not what the industry wanted. there is a need for control, oversight, and adjustment that could not be fully automated. just a heads up that providing any level of control, I think, is better than none.
    Ales KOZELSKY
    Good Question But I think video will be better for product marketing.