• Subscribe
  • AMA - Realistic results from finishing 3rd of the day

Jaume Ros
    18 replies
    Hey guys, Last week (last sunday) I launched Clicks.so on product hunt in an attempt to hit the top 3. I specifically launched on Sunday knowing that it was "the weakest" competition day of the week. That turned into 1k+ ppl on the site within the 24 hour spike and more importantly +$250 Mrr within those 24 hours. Ask me anything!

Replies

Ghulam Abbas
    Paillor
    Paillor
    Launching soon!
    Congratulations 🎊 Thanks for sharing, good luck!
    Namrata Arya
    Congratulations! When did you start promoting your launch? Also how did you gather the support for it?
    Jaume Ros
    @namrata_arya I explain it all in this video! https://youtu.be/OsTa6k5He98
    Namrata Arya
    @jaume_ros2 great thank you!
    Jaume Ros
    Also made a video explaining all of it: https://youtu.be/OsTa6k5He98
    Nikita
    Super cool, thanks for sharing your experience especially with your YouTube video. I wanted to ask you prior to your launch, did you build any traction on PH? Did you have many people following you or waiting to be notified about your launch? I'm building wingtap btw, maybe you can tell me what you think about it and if you have any recommendations!
    Jaume Ros
    @kitanirjv Hey! No not really - i've posted on community before but it was a while ago not sure that had anything to do with it. The tool had already been live for a few months and had users paying and id been talking about it on social for a while so it got me some "true fans" to help me share stuff on socials.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Congrats, what do you think you could do better?
    Jaume Ros
    @busmark_w_nika Pffff idkk i mean its so tough to get ppl to upvote cause if they don't know what product hunt is they have to create accounts etc. So0o0o0 maybe get more ppl that already know about Product Hunt??
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @jaume_ros2 I feel the same. Many people from my country haven't heard about PH so their motivation to be there and upvote for you is close to 0 :D education about PH existence could be good thing to start with.
    Abdellah
    Hi @jaume_ros2 Thank you for sharing your insights, and congrats again ! Btw, what screencast tool are you using for the YT video ?
    Jaume Ros
    @abdellah_abbous Appreciate it :) Using Tella.tv - fkn incredible product so much better than Loom
    Tom Bruining
    Nice work Jaume, top 3 is a great result. I watched your YT video, you mentioned broader exposure. Did you get any SEO uplift (backlinks, etc) from the process? I've kinda always assumed that'd be a nice side-benefit to launching. We're launching HowdyGo on PH soon and this is an area I'm particularly interested in for our product.
    Jaume Ros
    @tom_bruining Thanks Tom :) So got 3 referring domains from it. One from tldr.tech, one from launchingsoon, and a couple from product one - one I believe is do-follow. Thats also only within the first few days - so I think there should be quite a few more links coming through.
    Tom Bruining
    @jaume_ros2 Nice! That's not bad - I'm sure it's easy to keep an eye on that backlink growth 😉
    Nathalie
    Congratulations! I'm very interested in SEO and I'll follow your YouTube channel.
    Anastasiia Stepko
    Thank you, Jaume, for putting all the info into the video, I really appreciate it!