• Subscribe
  • Advise on product launch

Fawad akhtar
    4 replies
    We have launched our app WAAPIS, that provides package return service from home. We are trying to solve the problem where we have to go physically to UPS/FEDEX/USPS to return our packages and we are offering this service at very low cost by pooling many packages in a single pickup trip. At the same time, the app provides gig drivers the flexibility to control how much they make in each trip and choose their own pickup schedule. We have been doing marketing through mail, social media but we are not getting the response we expected. We are also offering free first pickup to show the customers how easy and convenient the service is. If you can share some of your experience in product launches what other ways we can try to market our app to get more user base that would be helpful. Also it would be helpful if you can also provide your feedback on the app, we have already launched the product in the product hunt as well along with app and playstores.

Replies

Gaurav Parvadiya
    First step is to build your community and then way to reach them on your launch day.
    Fawad akhtar
    @graham_patel any advise on building a community ? Thanks
    Richard Gao
    Did you do customer research before you started? Marketing is important, but some ideas just don't have enough demand for people to take action. One way you can market better would be to be more targeted. One way I like to do this is just searching for pain points on twitter. Yours should be very easy, since you have a clear pain point you're trying to solve. For example, since my service is an AI API that allows devs to run AI on the cloud through an API for their projects, with my first product being a stable diffusion API, I search for "stable diffusion building app" on twitter, and essentially find people building stable diffusion apps to give advice and also promote my product. You could maybe search "amazon package far away" or "annoying return distance amazon" and try to scoop up more people there. Other option is to use Google ads, which are more targeted. PS, if you're curious about my product, feel free to follow on twitter @TheRealEtch or see our website evoke-app.com
    Terry
    The Alpe Audio team have a great post about launching on Product Hunt. You can find it here: https://www.alpeaudio.com/post/i... We just launched Dreamrs, a platform lets people debate ideas, start business, and run quick experiments. Love to hear any feedback, check us out: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Best of luck with everything!