• Subscribe
  • Designers: How are you using AI tools to boost productivity?

Asís
    5 replies
    Had a great chat yesterday with a very senior designer that is using tools like Midjourney and Relume to bring his design skills to another level. His main challenge was the time from having identified a problem to coming up with possible solutions, and precisely here is where AI tools help him best. Have you also embraced AI tools in your process? Which tools are most helpful and why?

Replies

André J
    I did a design with AI deep dive recently. But it's kinda mehhh atm. I think it's ripe for disruption tho, any day now, but no one has made cursor for design. I actually use cursor to design directly in html and css, its faster atm than figma with AI plugins etc. check out my findings here: https://gist.github.com/eonist/2...
    Asís
    Glazed
    Glazed
    Launching soon!
    Super nice research @sentry_co, thanks for putting this together and sharing! :)
    André J
    @soyasis Relume is definitely on my radar tho. Came up a few times while doing research. And being mentioned in chats here and there so seems like it's something that might become the next big thing in AI design. Figma, Canva and legacy design tools, needs a fresh competitor 4sure
    Asís
    Glazed
    Glazed
    Launching soon!
    @sentry_co Yes, totally agree. I've been waiting for Penpot to release some AI features, but now not even sure if it's ever gonna happen... 😅
    André J
    @soyasis Penpot looks cool. but people have been trying to bridge design with code for ages, and I dunno where it goes wrong but there is no golden standard for this so far. Personally I find using cursor with gpt4 and just describe how I want the Flex stuff to look like and work. and it amends It to the current files etc. The work flow isn't exactly wysiwyg. more like what you say is what you get 😬